Small Claims Court

Small claims court is a judicial branch of the Ministry of Attorney General that provides a vehicle for individuals or corporations to file a lawsuit (called a claim) for money or the return of personal property with a value of $25,000 or less, not including the interest and associated costs.

In order to qualify for a lawsuit, the claim must fall into one of the following categories:

Claims for money owed under an agreement, such as:

  • unpaid accounts for goods or services sold and delivered
  • unpaid loans
  • unpaid rent
  • NSF (non-sufficient funds) cheques

Claims for damages, such as:

  • property damage
  • clothes damaged by a dry cleaner
  • personal injuries
  • breach of contract

How can SDG Paralegal help you in Small Claims Court?

We’re experienced and qualified to help you navigate the sometimes difficult process of trying to return personal property or money owed. Likewise, we can help get you answers to important questions when a claim is filled against you for monies owed or property claims.

Call us to find out more about how we can help you get the answers you need when dealing with claims in Small Claims Court.